Teofimo Lopez vows to end Devin Haney’s career – Boxing News

Undisputed lightweight champion Teofimo ‘The Takeover’ Lopez 16-0 (12) has vowed to end the career of Devin ‘The Dream’ Haney 25-0 (15).

The WBA, IBF, WBO and WBC Franchise champion has taken offence at Haney and his promoter Eddie Hearn repeatedly claiming he should not be regarded as the undisputed champion as Haney holds the WBC ‘regular’ title at the weight.

The public baiting seems to have worked but before the unbeaten pair can sort out their differences in the ring, Haney must get past wily veteran Jorge Linares 47-5 (29) in Las Vegas on May 29 while Lopez is set to face quick-fisted Australian George ‘Ferocious’ Kambosos Jr 19-0 (10) in Miami on June 5.

“It’s a good fight and it’s a good one for him. We’ll see what he can bring with a solid fighter like [Jorge] Linares,” said Lopez. “I just want to end his career.

“He’s been talking about it too much. If anybody can give him that first loss, why not be me, you know? That way, I can always remind him that it was me that did it.”

Lopez, who scored a breakthrough win over former top pound-for-pound rated fighter Vasiliy Lomachenko 14-2 (10) in October last year when he outboxed the master boxer in Las Vegas, isn’t sure which version of Linares will turn up against Haney.

“We’ll see, it will depend on what type of Linares that we’ll have,” said Lopez.

“Are we going to get the beginning of what he [Linares] did against Loma or will we be getting the ending of what happened with Loma.

“Will we see Devin Haney outbox him and try to look pretty like he tries to do all the time and have a clean decision? We’ll see what happens.”